There hasn’t been a lot of tidying up to report about yesterday or today. I did clean off the dining room table, so now the dining room is officially tidy and again looks like this:
Minus the daisies, of course. But tidy. And I’m grateful for that. The dining room table ends up being a bit of a dumping ground for stuff, since it’s between the front door/living room and the kitchen. I feel so much better when there isn’t homework or books or anything else strewn on top of the dining room table.
More than that, though, I’m grateful for these more important things:
(1) My daughter was an absolute ROCK STAR yesterday with the injections! She really did great. I am grateful that she trusted me and Dear Husband to do the injections and that she was tough (and honest with me later about how she really felt about all of it).
(2) I am grateful for the amazing, wonderful, kind nurses at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta, especially Christine and Brit, who have guided us through this new journey in our lives with smiles and hugs and understanding and kindness.
(3) I am grateful for medicine that makes my baby girl feel better, gain weight, and be as awesome as she is.
(4) I am grateful for our pediatricians who were on M’s diagnosis quickly and got us to the right people at the right time.
(5) I am grateful for a caring school nurse, who called me immediately today when M fell off the monkey bars at school and hurt her back, and for her amazing teacher, who was caring and sweet and, perhaps most importantly, found M’s book before we left for the ER.
(6) I am grateful for kind people in the ER who dealt with a scared kid and a slightly-less but nevertheless scared mama really well today.
(7) MOST IMPORTANTLY, I am grateful that M is FINE and didn’t break anything or get a concussion. She is sore, for sure, but I’m grateful we have ice packs, heating pads, bathtubs, and ice cream.
(8) I am grateful for family who call to check on us, even in the midst of their own emergencies.
(9) I am grateful for Craig, our contractor and friend, who handled something for me today when I called and said I was on my way to the ER with M.
(10) I am grateful that today was a beautiful sunny day where we all ended up home, safely and fine. We are tired, worn out, and M is sore, but we are here and we are all loving on each other and happy to be here.
Just happy to be here.