Today – and the better part of last week, too – was spent working on the “Super Secret Design Project.” I know you’ve been asking me for details about this project, but I really can’t tell you about it. It’s a surprise for some very deserving people, and I really, really want to keep it a surprise. That said, I am dying to tell you about it! So I thought today I’d tell you a little about the Super Secret Design Project – without giving too much away!
1. The style of the rooms is going to be vintage modern. What does that mean? A little Mid-Century Modern, some vintage pieces, a few industrial touches, mixed with clean lines. The storage unit I bought for one of the rooms is clearly Mid-Century and is one of my favorite finds maybe ever.
2. The color scheme is teal, red, and yellow, with gray (with blueish tones) as the neutral.
3. There is a LOT of painting going on. We’re talking almost 14 ft.-high ceilings!
4. I had to clean the walls of a much-used bathroom today. I didn’t enjoy it, but I’m telling myself that it builds character.
5. Coke crates. There will be Coke crates involved in this design. They were specifically requested. Done. You know I love me some Coke crates.
That’s pretty much all I can tell you for now. (Sorry!) I should finish the project on Friday, but the big reveal will be in two weeks or so. I’ll keep you posted!
Can’t wait for the big reveal? See it HERE!