Waking up on Day 18 to a mound of laundry and some tired people in my house. Last night, my son got sick. There was much clean up, and I’ll leave it at that. But it made me think about many things for which I am grateful today.
So, today, here’s a hodgepodge of things for which I am grateful:
1. Chlorox wipes (self-explanatory).
2. Our front-loading, large capacity washer and dryer. When I picked these out many years ago, they had me at “Wash 16 pairs of jeans at once!” I am grateful that I can wash an entire bed’s worth of linens at once. Came in handy last night and this morning.
3. I am grateful for my sweet son, who, in the throes of puking last night, said, “Mom, I’m sorry you have to stay up late with me.” Sweet boy.
4. I am grateful that my parents, especially my mother, taught me how to be caring and compassionate. I’m also grateful she taught me how to get out stains.
5. Oh, I am so grateful for coffee.
6. I am grateful that Stanford beat Oregon because it means that my Alabama fan Dear Husband is very happy and my Stanford fan brother is ecstatic. (And, for Dear Husband, I am also grateful that Kansas State lost to Baylor.)
7. I am grateful that my children are out of school this week and we can focus on family, resting, and relaxing.
OK, I need more coffee and a hot shower. I am thankful for you all. Thank you for stopping by.