We’ve been together a while now. We trust each other. I value your opinion.
So, the next time I say, “I think I’ll paint the dining room. Sure, I only have three days, but I can do it,”
Pat me on the head, hand me a beer, and then
Tell me I’m nuts.
Tell me it takes longer than that to remove a chair rail, patch the resulting holes and uneven wall, sand it, clean it all up, and then paint it.
Tell me that I should take the three days and, oh, I don’t know…
Take a walk?
Plan SUMMER projects?
Grab a big fat dose of reality?
What was I thinking?
OK, Ill admit, it’s not all bad. I have made progress. Here’s where I am (reviewing the plan):
- I have removed the chair rail.
- I took the dining room table and the rug to the consignment store. I donated some other items that I didn’t want.
- I have patched the wall and spackled where needed.
- I have sanded down the patches and spackled areas and I have cleaned it all up.
- I have bought the paint and all related supplies.
Hmmmm, so maybe I did get a lot done in three days. I did some other stuff, too, including taking a carload of donations, cleaning the house, doing some day-job work…
Wow! I did get a lot done in three days.
You are a great friend! Thank you for the support! I couldn’t have done it without you!
My mother is arriving here tomorrow to visit. Maybe I’ll be able to paint while she’s here.
I’ll get it done. Cheer me on!
Thanks for stopping by.