Happy Friday, everyone! Today, on Finish It Friday, I want to ask you some questions. No, there won’t be a bright lamp or harsh interrogations…but I want to know what you’re thinking. Through these questions, I hope to understand what you want to read about and better tailor how I get you Dogs Don’t Eat Pizza’s posts .
Part of the reason I’m asking you about these things – especially how you find out about posts – now is Facebook’s changing algorithm. What I’m seeing on Facebook is that precious few of you are getting status updates from Dogs Don’t Eat Pizza that include my blog post information. That’s why I’ve been putting “link in comments” in each update when I have a post; otherwise, only about 12 of you get the update! (Grrrrr.)
I would really appreciate your feedback. Please comment to this post with your answers to the following questions:
1. How do you find out about new posts on Dogs Don’t Eat Pizza? Do you subscribe to the blog and get an email? Hear about it on Facebook? Twitter?
2. What social media outlets do you use most often? (Facebook? Twitter? Instagram? Google+?)
3. Do you use Pinterest? If so, do you use it to find projects to do in your own home? Just for fun? Do you click all the way through to the source of the pin?
4. What kind(s) of posts are most interesting to you?
a. DIY home improvement projects, like how to unclog a toilet or how to paint a room.
b. DIY home decor projects, like how to recover a chair or how to pick a paint color.
c. Cost-effective home decor ideas; upcycling; thrift store finds.
d. Discussions, such as questions asked on the Tuesday Talk.
f. Gardening/outdoor DIY projects.
g. Anything else?
Please note any and all you’d like to see.
5. What would you like to know about me or my home?