Holy moly, we made it to Friday! Can I get an AMEN?!?
This week has been like a week and a half and then some. I’m happy to have the weekend in my sights!
For today’s Friday Five, I’ve got a mishmash of stuff – a plethora, if you will – so here’s today’s Friday Five: Asking for your vote (for me), catching up on gratitude, and paint, and more!
1. Asking for your vote (for me!).
I know, we are tired of the election. But here’s a vote you can get excited about! I’ve been nominated for Best Blog: DIY by Atlanta Home Improvement Magazine!
I would REALLY, REALLY appreciate your vote! Here’s how:
· Visit the website at AtlantaBestMedia.com
· Click on the contest banner across the middle to get to the voting page.
· Scroll through the alphabetized categories on each page to find Best Blog: DIY (it’s on the first page) and find Dogs Don’t Eat Pizza. You must click the “vote” button at the bottom of the last page or else your vote will not be counted. You don’t have to vote for anything else, you just have to get to the end for the “Vote” button (it’s three or four pages in – but you can click there quickly).
Voting runs from November 2-15. You can vote once per 24-hour period.
Thank you!! I really appreciate it!!
2. I’m not quitting the blog.
I announced in my last post that I was moving the Thirty Days of Gratitude Project to Instagram and, well, y’all were a little…concerned.
Several people asked me if I was quitting the blog altogether.
Several people congratulated me for taking a month off.
Neither is true! I’m still here and I’m still blogging (although I was pretty quiet this week because of the election and everything).
3. Catching you up on the gratitude.
Here’s something else someone asked me: you can actually view my Instagram feed without signing up for an Instagram account! You can find my feed HERE. Also, I added a new feature to the blog: you can see my Instagram feed on the sidebar on the right!
And it updates with the latest photos! Woo hoo!
In case you need to catch up, here’s what I was grateful for this week:
Monday: A quiet hour on a busy Monday.
Tuesday: Our right to vote (Election Day).
Wednesday: Teachers who are doing the hard work of teaching and caring for and about our children (especially on a hard post-election day for many).
Have you seen the renovation I did of my daughter’s school’s teachers’ lounge? Click HERE for the reveal!
Thursday: Good friends – lots of laughter and good conversation heals the soul.
Friday: That I live in a democracy where freedom of speech and association are guaranteed and those who have fought to preserve and protect that freedom.
If you have an Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter account (where I’m posting all of these each day), join me by sharing for what you are grateful and use the hashtag #thirtydaysofgratitude2016.
4. Painting the Guest Bathroom.
If you saw my Thirty Days of Gratitude photograph on Sunday, you got a sneak peek at the navy blue in the guest bathroom!
I’m hoping to do the white paint on the bottom part of the wall and the trim this week!
5. The Cooper Tervis Tumblers are Here!
Remember how I told you about the customized Tervis tumblers I made in this post? Well, they arrived yesterday!
I love them – they turned out great! These will make great gifts for the grandparents!!
I hope everyone has a beautiful, restful weekend!