Well, Thirty Days of Gratitude, Tidying Up Edition, is officially over. In other news, I cannot believe it’s already December.
And, although November/Thirty Days of Gratitude didn’t go quite as I had planned, I did get a good bit of tidying up done.
The biggest project for November was my daughter’s blue and green room. Not only did I tidy it up, but it got a fresh coat of paint, new shelves for storage, and a new desk.
Other tidying done:
- The family room and game closet in the family room.
- The dog toys – yes, even Hank was in on the tidying up!
- The basement, after we had a few days of flooding!
- I pondered options for my workshop (the shed) and office, and ultimately got rid of rotten wood in the shed, old paint (recycled!), and projects that I hadn’t – and probably would not have – completed.
I also did a lot of small tidying that I didn’t end up writing about, given all that has been going on.
- Cleaned out the fridge and freezer.
- Cleaned out the pantry.
- Cleaned out the laundry room cabinets.
- Cleaned out the attic and sold some stuff we didn’t need anymore.
- Cleaned out and re-organized the master closet.
- Started on the cabinets in the master bath.
- Cleaned out my son’s room and I’m working on putting together his new desk.
- Cleaned and organized the front porch/coat rack.
- Cleaned off the dining room table.
- Tackled some nagging fix-it projects, like changing burned-out lightbulbs, patching holes, touching up paint.
All in all, I’m pleased with the progress. I’m not finished, but I got a great start, and I’m inspired to keep going because organized, tidy, uncluttered spaces make me so, so, so happy.
And now the house is ready to start decking the halls!
Did you do the Thirty Days of Gratitude, whether the Tidying Up Edition or otherwise? If so, please share your thoughts about it in the comments. I’d love to know what you accomplished!