Time for The Friday Five! As many of you know from my Facebook and Instagram updates, Bear – the dog who doesn’t eat pizza – was taken to the ER over the weekend with pancreatitis. I was in Florida visiting family at the time, so I flew home to take care of her. She’s on the mend now, but we had several very scary days. I am so grateful for the caring folks at the place we board her who noticed the symptoms, the amazing ER vet and techs who took great care of her, our wonderful vet who has cared for her – and me! – this week, and all the lovely messages of support from you guys!
Because I’ve been focused on Bear this week, I haven’t done any projects or made any progress on the guest room. As my friend Jane often says, “Sometimes life intervenes.”
So today, instead of something DIY-related, I thought I’d share five things (you might not know) about me. And, hopefully, I can get back to creating as soon as possible (I’m getting antsy!).
Five Things (You Might Not Know) About Me:
1. When I walk into any room – whether in a home or the doctor’s waiting room or a store – the first thing I consider is the decor and arrangement of the room. I wonder whether the paint works, or whether the lighting makes sense, and how I might re-do the room differently. I look at the arrangement of the space and think about whether it could be better organized or arranged. I have done this since I was about 6 years old, I think. I thought I was the only one who did this, and then I became a DIY blogger and found a large, like-minded community!
I do this in my own home, too. Drives Dear Husband slightly crazy, but I usually have good ideas that make the space better. For example, our living room:
2. My favorite colors are green and blue, but I love a pop of red.
I include red accents not only in my rooms, but also in my wardrobe. My favorite shoes are a pair of red boots; I wear them when I need a little pick-me-up or when I want to feel tough.
3. Really great creativity makes me emotional. I admit that I’ve been known to cry over certain Budweiser commercials, too, but heartfelt creativity gets me every time. I have gotten a bit, ahem, misty in musicals, listening to songs, and even watching a show about a gorgeous renovation of a French farmhouse.
4. I strongly believe that, with coffee, all things are possible.
I love coffee. That’s all.
5. I remember that, once, my brother played some game about knowing your spouse – like the newlywed game – and the question was “What does your spouse have more of than anyone else?” For me, the answer to that is pajama pants. I love pajama pants. (His answer was garlic presses. Draw your own conclusions.)
So, that’s the Friday Five for this week. Time to get back to some DIYing!
As always, thank you for stopping by! Have a great weekend!